HISTORY OF THE ACADEMY
Academy of Language Studies before July 1, 2003 is known as the Language Centre is a continuation of the Preparatory Course in ITM Campus, Jalan Othman established in the early 60s.
The history of the Academy of Language Studies as below
- 1960 teaching subjects such as English and foreign languages offered on campus Jalan Othman, Petaling Jaya.
- 1970 English Preparatory Courses are offered on campus Jalan Othman, Petaling Jaya
- 1972 Establishment of the Centre for Languages
· Unit in Asia and Europe (BAE)
- 1975 Teaching English for academic staff, general and students in some faculties
- 1977 Establishment of the English Language Unit to coordinate English language courses that were previously handled by the respective faculty
- 1979 Centre for Languages - English Language Unit Unit Unit Bahasa Melayu and Bahasa Asia and Europe combined.
· The three units were upgraded to a department
· Language Centre is headed by a chief
· Each department diketahuai by a coordinator
- 1985 Coordinator of English at branch campuses established
- 1985 - 1986 Advanced TESL Certificate Program
- 1986 Position Deputy created
- 1995 - 1997 Program M. Ed. TESL - a joint venture with Stirling University, UK.
- 1998 Two Position Deputy created
· Deputy Head of the Department of English Language & Linguistics
· Deputy Registrar Department, the Department of Malay Studies and Internationalisation
- 2003 (July) Language Centre upgraded to the Academy of Language Studies (Academy of Language Studies)
· Led by a Dean and two Deputy Chief
For details, kindly please refer to Academy of Language Studies